Wednesday, May 6, 2009

farm stuff





Sage and me scattering and stippling new vines into damaged areas of the fields. Rain, rain and more rain. Sage follows the theory that as soon as it stops she takes off her rain coat; me, I just keep the damned thing on. damned thing?, well, here's how it goes: waterproof garments don't breath and the work generates a heck of a lot of body heat which causes condensation on the shoulders of the inside of the jacket which will get a fellow really wet in about an hour. No win... You might think that good Gortex would deal with the problem but you would be wrong. Mountain Equipment Co-op told me that in heavy work the fabric can't keep up. I didn't believe them and shelled out for a coat which was only marginally better than your run of the mill Helly Hanson product. Oh well... Sage will only be at the farm for another two or three weeks. I'll miss her when she is gone, as she is a very hard worker. Finding young folks these days who can go steady in a physical setting for seven or eight hours is not easy.

No comments: