Wednesday, September 30, 2009

damned dog


These two stood, half in and half out of the water, for three hours today while the neighbours Shepherd menaced them from the top of the dike. They were afraid to move out of the water and the dog was smart enough to listen to their growls and hisses and not take them on. In the end I locked the mutt in the barn for an hour so these raccoons could be on their way. Another small drama on a cranberry farm.
We should start harvesting somewhere around the twentieth of October. Everything is ready and now it is just a matter of waiting. Of course I fret about how things will go. Just my nature, I suppose.
I am now three weeks into mentoring our EfM group at St. George's. Melody provides a good strong lead and the group is forgiving of my early short-comings. The great thing is that I am enjoying the lessons as much now as I did when I took them. Pretty neat. I think so much hinges on experiencing what another sees in the program and then examining that in contrast to what I see.

No comments: